Online Parent Support Chat

26.1.07

I'm a lone parent and don't know where else to turn...


Hi I'm not sure u can help, but my problem isn't at home it's my child at school. The school has tried taking him out of lessons he doesn't like, but he's persistent with being abusive to teachers, violent towards staff members (throwing things, kicking furniture and swearing). If he doesn't want to go to a lesson or leave the classroom after an incident he refuses and retaliates. When told to do so he disrupts lessons antagonizing, disrupting, seeking anyway he can to get a attention and being centre stage.

On a number of occasion's I’ve been asked to attend meetings with a school education psychologist. I’ve attended a child and parent program. My 12-year-old feels everyone is against him and this is now the second time he's been suspended from school only for a few days, but it still goes on his record. I feel it's now effecting his education, I don't know what else I can do.

When I read your site I thought you were talking about my son he has:

  • Loss of temper
  • Argues with adults mainly teachers
  • Refuses to comply with rules and requests
  • Deliberately annoys people
  • Blames others for mistakes and misbehavior
  • He's touchy and annoyed by others especially when told NO or asked to do something he doesn't particularly want to do
  • Angry and resentful
  • Spiteful

My son feels he's a failure and says he no good at things or he's not good enough. He has said on 2 occasions now he no longer wants to be on this planet and that he wishes he were dead. Often his actions are done without thinking about the following consequences. Afterwards he feels remorse often ending up in tears about what he's said or done. I'm a lone parent and don't know where else to turn.

Please help

Miss J.C.

Worried mum

Got Help!?

No comments: