Online Parent Support Chat

20.4.07

She started carving her arm...


My 11 year old daughter likes to be with older kids, 14 year olds. I allowed her to go out with them last week and she came back and started carving her arm and messaging them showing pictures of this in the hope of being accepted. She is on the edge of this, I have told her in no uncertain terms that it is unacceptable as she is not doing it to self-harm rather to belong and that I do not want her meeting them again. She wants to see them tomorrow and shouts and swears that she will do what she wants and that I cannot stop her.

My Out-of-Control Teen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because of a girl I thought was going to be my step daughter, I read the following book anf found it very helpful in understanding her. A number of similar books are listed there as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Cutting-Understanding-Self-Mutilation-Steven-Levenkron/dp/0393027414/ref=sr_1_1/103-6501934-1689443?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1177646313&sr=1-1