Online Parent Support Chat

2.10.07

What do I do?

My 16 and 14-year-old sons do whatever they want, whenever they want. I feel I've been a pretty good parent, available to them, providing for them, listening to them, etc. but they're now out of control and I cant' stop them. If I tell them they're grounded, they walk out the door anyway, they smoke in the house without regard to my rules, they let their friends smoke in my house, they're gone sometimes for hours without asking permission to go, the swear at me, call me names and ignore my requests for chores to be done. They are both also smoking pot pretty regularly. They've been in counseling to no avail. I'm seriously on the edge of my seat every day all day. As of tonight I'm so tired of it I've completely ignored them and they've walked in and out of the house with their friends, simply scavenging for food, leaving messes wherever they go, talking on the phone, etc. Neither of them has said a word to me all night. I want to crawl under a rock and die. It seems like such a silly question given the circumstances, but what do I do?

Join Online Parent Support

No comments: