Online Parent Support Chat

11.2.08

I have a 15 year old child that has been diagnosed with ODD...

Dear Mark,

I am very very interested in your ebook and the online parenting support group and classes. I have a 15 year old child that has been diagnosed with ODD. I had given up at the end of October and sent her to live with grandparents because she was so out of control. Everytime we had gotten into an argument, usually after "punishment", she'd want to go and live with them. They had given her the benefit of the doubt...thinking possibly that I just wasn't able to manage her, but she proved otherwise. I have 2 other children at home, ages 17 and 9, that don't act anything like her. She has refused to go home with them and so my husband and I are going there to get her and bring her home. When I heard she was diagnosed with ODD I began to research it and found your site overwhelmingly interesting. It's almost as if you know my child and the book and information was written about her. I will probably have the money at the end of this week to purchase the ebook and join the support group, but until then I will thoroughly read and research everything about it. I didn't think there was an answer...I had given up hope...until now. Unfortunately, I had never heard of this before so I just thought she was an out-of-control teenager...that had authority and behavioral problems...I was afraid of her outbursts...afraid of her hurting herself or others...

I only recently found out that she was into the drug thing down here...so I was trying to avoid letting her come back...but now she won't go home with them. There is so much more I could tell you, but I'm sure you have a lot of emails. Thank you for giving me hope...thank you for letting me see the light at the end of the tunnel...to tell you the truth, I used to think it was a train coming.

Sincerely,

C.R.

My Out-of-Control Child

No comments: