Online Parent Support Chat

14.3.08

He seems to be the one kid I can't get along with...

I am a retired teacher having spent the majority of my career working in an inner city school with kids who were wanna be (5th and 6th graders) gang bangers, victims of abuse, neglect etc. You get the picture. I've had good rapport with both the kids and their parents. Now I have my 16 year old grandson living with me. I've spent hours researching his behavior symptoms and he comes closest to ODD. No, I don't have a medical degree and don't like labels, it's just that from what I've read this seems to have most of the behaviors he is exhibiting. Is this something you address in your e-book? He seems to be the one kid I can't get along with and don't know how to get a handle on it.

My Out-of-Control Child

No comments: