Online Parent Support Chat

17.3.08

Is there hope in your book for us?

I was online doing some research when I stumbled across your page for your book.

I am divorce/remarried. I have a 10 year old and a 16 year old who will be 17 on the 25th of this month. Both are boys. My ex-husband and I were married for 17 years. We had a very bumpy marriage. He is in a relationship right now and it is not a stable one but the kids are ok with it. Anyway, my question is.....we are having big trouble with our teen son. He hates school, always in trouble in school doing detentions and extended days. Getting bad grades. He could do better if he wanted to but he chooses not to. He finds being the cut up and having fun is much better way to go. He is very smart though.

He has a girlfriend and they are having alot of problems. He lost his job a few months back due to his attitude problem, him and another girlfriend had broken up and he was mad at the world. His dad and I share custody of the kids. They spend every other week with us. The teen and his dad fight alot. The teen thinks he is old enough to make his own decisions and he ought to be able to come and go as he pleases. He drives his car very fast. We found out he has had sex. Maybe several times. With a couple different girls that we know of. That has been a big problem with him and the girls. He is a very jealous type of person. Gets that from his dad. He is VERY moody and very disrespectful. Right now things seem to be spinning a little out of control. His father and him are at it real strong and my teen just don't seem to care about nothing and he just says everything in life is going wrong right now and he just wants to give up. He has mentioned driving his car into a telephone pole or jumping off a bridge. My ex-husband wants to file un-ruly child against him and take away all his privlages from him, the car, cell phone, home phone, computer.....Do you think all this seems just or will it push our teen farther over the edge? Is there hope in your book for us?

Thank you,

Angela

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: