Online Parent Support Chat

9.3.08

We are at our wits end...

We have custody of 2 boys that we are adopting. We have had them for 3 years and 1 month. The are 6 years old and 3 years old.

Caleb, the 6 year old, was diagnosed with ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, sleep disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, RAD, and bipolar effective disorder. I have found help for ADHD but no one around here can help me with the rest of his problems. They only thing that they want to deal with is the ADHD, which I believe is under control, now. But the rest of his issues are now stronger than ever.

Kyle, the 3 year old, was diagnosed with ADHD, oppositional defiant disorder, and disruptive behavior disorder. He also has alot of medical issues, which as he is getting older seems to becoming more of them. He was very sick when we got them. The doctors told me that if we would have gotten him two weeks later they wouldn't have been able to save him.

The boys are biological brothers. They are also were my husbands sister's children...

We are at our wits end, especially with the 6 year old. I no longer can work. We can't find a sitter to watch them and I am constantly having to deal with the school over Caleb constantly getting in trouble.

My Out-of-Control Child

No comments: