Online Parent Support Chat

16.3.08

What do I do when he refuses to do anything I ask of him...

My son is 17 years old and a junior in high school. He has been exhibiting all the behaviors you describe in out of control teens for the last couple years. Since he is still a minor till January I can't kick him out, but he refuses to comply with house rules. What do I do when he refuses to do anything I ask of him, but he still is allowed to live here? We are trying to follow your program by letting natural consequences take their course but it is getting worse as he's in jeopardy of failing high school, he just took the high school proficiency exam to get out of high school, but I doubt he passed it. Three years ago he was an aspiring professional athlete with a very bright future and a very different life, when he turned 15 it's like one day we're fired and he's in charge and it's been downhill slide ever since. I have no trouble in letting go of the rope and watching him slide, but how far do you let it go?

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: