Online Parent Support Chat

24.4.08

I am a firm believer in the power of "thoughts become things"...

My 15 year old grandson (16 on April 30) came to live with me in September of 2007. I am a recent widow and find dealing with some of the issues exhausting indeed. He comes with a lot of baggage and has attended numerous programs etc. He is taking prescribed medications which I am working (with his pediatrician) on "weaning" him from.

I do have a support network that I put in place both before and since he has come to stay with me. Unfortunately, it is not always available when needed.

In fairness my grandson is, for the most part, very well behaved. So far he is doing excellent in school (adjusted program) and most other areas.

My concerns are that he is using drugs. In the last month or so, he seems to be isolating himself more often. He has very quick temper flare ups and seems to me to over react to the crisis of the day. In the last week or so, I noticed that he is becoming a bit lazy about his hygiene.

I did find items that would indicate marijuana use. He did finally admit to occasional use and promised to stay away from it. I believe this is a promise he chooses not to keep.

On occasion, he displays many of the behavior characteristics described online.

I am a firm believer in the power of "Thoughts become things" and continually work on "reframing" on what is happening to to stay focused on what I want to see happen. It appears, to me, that your program supports the same way of thinking.

I am convinced that if I can control myself and my own behavior in a positive and effective manner when a crisis does come up, the outcome will be a win-win situation.

I am looking forward to to taking part in the Online Parenting support program and would appreciate any help you can give me.

Online Parent Support

No comments: