Online Parent Support Chat

7.4.08

I HOPE IT IS NOT TO LATE...

I HOPE IT IS NOT TO LATE FOR MY SON, WHO WILL BE 18 YRS. IN AUGUST. HE HAS GOTTEN A DUI, TOOK THE CAR AND GOT CAUGHT BY POLICE, CUTS SCHOOL, DISRESPECTS TEACHER, FIGHTS WITH GIRLFRIEND IN SCHOOL AND OUT. SNEAKS TO HER HOUSE AT NIGHT.

MY HUSBAND WAS GOING TO GIVE UP AND LET HIM GO....JUST LET THE SCHOOL AND POLICE HANDLE...I FEEL LIKE WE NEED TO DO WHAT EVER WE CAN. HE IS THE YOUNGEST OF 5 BOYS... LIKE AN ONLY CHILD.

HE HAS PLAYED ALL SPORTS AND EXCELLED. UP UNTIL LAST YEAR, WHEN HE GOT INVOLVED IN THIS NOT HEALTHY LOVE RELATIONSHIP.

EVERYTHING IS ME, HOW I FEEL, WHAT I WANT, DEFIANT.....TONIGHT I AM SETTING DOWN SOME RULES....ONLY HAVE 5 MONTHS....IS THERE HOPE?...

I HAVE BEEN BESIDE MYSELF. I HAVE BEEN THE WEAK, UNDERSTANDING, AND LOVING MOTHER....I ALWAYS TRIED TO TRUST HIM...I KNOW HE LIKES TO DRINK AND SMOKE POT...SHOULD WE TEST HIM AS WELL?

WE HAVE A COUNSELOR, BUT HE IS NOT AVAILABLE AS MUCH AS I WOULD OF LIKED.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: