Online Parent Support Chat

16.4.08

i'm at my wits end and desperate...

I am the step-parent of a child with ODD. I'm the main caregiver, and I'm having the worst time. It is causing her father and me many arguments, making me resent her father, and want to send the child away. Her father and I have a 6 month old child together, and I don't want to have to break-up my daughters home, but it is not fair to me, her father, or our daughter to have to live like this. I am so stressed all the time, I'm to the point where I just want to leave to be away from my step-daughter. The problem is, I love her father very much and could not see living my life without him, we have a family, and I want to keep it together.

i'm at my wits end and desperate. I feel guilty that my 6 month old daughter has to see all the yelling, fit throwing, and overly dramatic crying. It can't be healthy for her, yet I feel that it would be more unhealthy for her to be without her father who loves her very much. I hate to say this, (God forgive me) but, I actually hate my step-daughter, and she is only 10, this makes me feel more guilty. I don't want to be driven away from the man that I love because of his child's disorder. Also, this would mean that his daughter "won". I just don't know what to do, I've had nervous breakdowns, and I just sit and wait for the next one.

My Out-of-Control Child

No comments: