Online Parent Support Chat

13.4.08

We are praying for him everyday and waiting for God to answer...

My son is 11 and is having alot of trouble all around but mostly with school. He has been in 3 different schools this year and has been suspended from all three. He has recently gone to live with his father in a different town and the behaviors have gotten worse. Even his academic grades are dropping since moving.

Home life wasn't horrible until recently. He has been diagnosed with ADHD and bipolar disorder a few years ago at a very early age. He has alot of trouble with his fathers and I's divorce, which was about 7 years ago However, we are not parents who will allow this to be an excuse or crutch for his behavior. His explosive behavior is getting worse and his complete disrespect for ALL others is out of control. Just last weekend I caught him stealing from a store where he was WITH ME at the time and lied looking dead into my eyes and with a straight face, very manipulating.

We are a Christian family and we are praying for him everyday and waiting for God to answer. Maybe this is it. I do not know. He sees a psychiatrist and is on medication, which I do not feel is helping much, but I can't imagine what it would be like with out it. The next step may be therapy. Money is an issue for us (as most people) but if having to find the money for therapy is what needs to be done, it will be done.

My Out-of-Control Child

No comments: