Online Parent Support Chat

12.5.08

I felt like I was at the end of the rope this weekend...

This past weekend, my 16-yr old daughter, spent the night @ her father's house - even though he wasn't home & I had told her she could not. She then stayed out all Saturday, called to tell me what she was doing & I told her she needed to be home. I called her a bit later & she told me she couldn't talk b/c she was driving - she was then pulled over & given a ticket for talking on her cell phone while driving. She called me back up to tell me I was responsible for her ticket, b/c I called her. Her ticket was written a little after 7 PM, she came home around 8:45 & told me she was going back to her father's that night.

I called to cancel her cell phone. Yesterday (yes, Mother's Day), she left a sarcastic note for me in a mother's day card & told me nice move canceling her phone & to call her to let her know if she was going to stay @ her father's. I told her on Saturday that I was done w/ all of this. I called and left a message w/ her father to let him know that she will be staying w/ him. I have not heard from him yet.

As you can tell, this was not this first time she has pulled this. She passed her road test about 3 weeks ago & has been home just barely long enough to sleep. In New York, jr drivers have to be off the road by 9PM & a few nights - she came in just after that. Her father bought her the car & she pays her own insurance, so I felt like I had no say in if she was allowed to drive.

I really feel that she is in a downward spiral. She has slept around w/ different guys. Called her pediatrician to recommend a gynocologist so she could be put on birth control pills, lies constantly, will not do what is asked of her (& I'm not talking little things like cleaning her room). She was caught drinking by her father & he didn't tell me about it.

On the positive, she is a great student (95+ average), is on the cheerleading team at school, has been dancing since she was 3 & works.

We really need some help. I feel like anything I say is ignored, she has no respect for me & for that matter for herself.

I felt like I was at the end of the rope this weekend, I know sending her to live w/ her father is not the best answer, but to be honest, I cannot be with her if she is going to upset my home that much.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: