Online Parent Support Chat

24.5.08

I just want to make sure I do the right thing...

I have a 14 year old son who is suffering from anxiety/ depression amongst other issues. This all started in his last year at high school, he doesn't want to go to school anymore now and he's only got a year left, he is very moody and disrespectful to me and I feel I have always been there for him. As a family we have just had a bereavement my brother has passed away only 4 wks ago and this seems to have kick started my sons behavior again. My son's father and i separated when he was 3 and I am now married with a 9 year old son also. My marriage has been rough and my husband has no relationship with my son at all which I know is one of the biggest problems, although I don't feel this is my sons fault as my husband has never made an effort to get to know him and i feel guilty for letting this happen. My son was always very quiet when he was little but as he got older started to come out of his shell a bit more and has never been a horrible child and still isn't just very mixed up and I just want to make sure I do the right thing. At the moment he went to his dads and i have to arrange a meeting with them to discuss his future I don't know what attitude to adopt he left last year for 2 mths because of my husband and it made me very ill but this time nothing has happened between my husband and him, it just seems school related and bereavement, sorry this is so long winded but I found you this morning and feel so desperate.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: