Online Parent Support Chat

25.6.08

I actually smacked him across the face and made him go to his room...

I have 3 boys ages 16, 14 & 12. All they do is name call and argue. I feel like I am always telling them to shut up or breaking up an argument or I am just the referee. I am so sick of it. If I get on to one he complains that I always get on to him and the other 2 never get into trouble. The oldest is a mouthy disrespectful pain in my rear end and I snapped last night. I actually smacked him across the face and made him go to his room. They never get spanked. They get things taken away though. I know that I am not consistent with their punishment. I know that I should have been all these years but I never thought that they would be so mouthy or disrespectful. I told my oldest that I was going to kick him out. He acts like he is the adult and I have to constantly remind him that he is a child and I am the parent. My husband their dad has tried to discipline them and I stepped in because he was very strict, that was my first mistake. If I would have let him go they would probably not be this way. My husband says that I argue with them.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: