Online Parent Support Chat

11.6.08

We have tried counseling, which I feel has actually made the problems worse...

Our 15 year old daughter is about to finish her freshman year of high school, and it has been nothing short of a disaster. Her decision making skills when she is around her group of friends is deplorable, and she now is in such a deep pool of lies that I honestly believe she thinks most of them are actually truth. She has been skipping classes, performing poorly when she does attend class (she was a model student in 7-8 grade), and not taking any responsibility for her actions.

At this point, her Mom and I feel she cannot attend high school next year as her behavior patterns continue this downward spiral. We have tried counseling, which I feel has actually made the problems worse.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: