Online Parent Support Chat

20.7.08

I don't feel that I have the strength to confront my teen on my own...

I am afraid that if I confront my teen about his use of pot and selling it that he will move out. He is too vulnerable right now. I don't want him to end up on the street. He is 15 years old. I want to provide a safe and healthy home for him.

I am single parenting right now. My husband has been away for the last couple of months..
He will be back home next week for good.

In the meantime, I don't feel that I have the strength to confront my teen on my own. So for the time being, my child has been doing pretty much what he pleases.

I have been trying to stay in a positive light, however, I have been staying calm for the most part, but I am becoming extremely frustrated with not being able to control anything that he does. I am also feeling very defeated and depressed. I have also been fight off a bad cold for the last 5 weeks. I am complete out of steam.

The more I try the more he rebels.

I do believe that it has become a problem for him. He did mention a couple of months ago that he wants a change and that he will not be an idiot at school next year. I sense that he is wanting out of the situation he is in with his peers.....I also sense that he does not know how to get out of the situation.

I want to help, but I don't know what to do.

My husband is the key right now and he is not back home for 10 more days.

He seems to be doing better at 15 then he was at 13. My problem is that I am afraid to deal with his outbursts, when he is confronted. I do know that when my husband comes home we can work on this together. In the meantime, I am just trying to survive my worry fears and anxiety and helplessness.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: