Online Parent Support Chat

7.7.08

I believe my oldest son is dealing now and it may have escalated to cocaine...

I have two male teenagers. We live in an out of control neighborhood. All the boys are doing drugs. Mine too. They have all (I'm talking about approx. 20+ boys) been arrested for drug possession, criminal mischief--stealing things to get money for marijuana....now it has escalated to "sticks" and possibly cocaine. I want to try my best to stop it for my sons sake. I am aware of what is going on but don't know where to begin.

We are surrounded by drug pushers in maybe a 20 block span in this Brooklyn neighborhood. They convince these kids that dealing is the way to go to get easy money. So they deal marijuana and other drugs amongst each other and its a vicious cycle. They are all burnt out with no direction. My sons included. I believe my oldest son is dealing now and it may have escalated to cocaine.

The police department keeps arresting the kids in the neighborhood yet why are they not looking further into who is giving these minors the drugs to sell and use?

I do plan to address the Captain of the precinct regarding this but no one else seems to care. They deal with their kids getting arrested and it goes on and on.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: