Online Parent Support Chat

18.7.08

She is vindictive towards me and her siblings and purposely does things to annoy others...

I am recently divorced mother of a 12 year old daughter. My daughter has been "targeted" by her father who is presently pursuing legal action to obtain full physical and legal custody of her only ( I have three children ages 12, 9 and 5). I have always had behavior problems with this 12 year old daughter. She has attended several sessions of a support group for children who's families divorced plus individual counseling. I attended the concurrent parent support group for families going through divorce. The Dr. who ran this group felt my ex-husband was a malignant narcissist. None of the interventions for my daughter seem to matter. I am presently waiting to have her evaluated by a pediatric psychiatrist. I have been told nothing I do as a parent will matter ( I have tried different parenting programs) since her Dad and I are not unified in our parenting. She receives special attention and gifts while visiting her father during her custodial time with him. She also is allowed to do whatever she wants with her Dad. She is extremely disrespectful towards me and other adults. She is vindictive towards me and her siblings and purposely does things to annoy others.

My Out-of-Control Child

No comments: