Online Parent Support Chat

13.8.08

I have a 30 year old son, Ryan, living with me because he became a meth addict...

I just did a search on Opposition disorder because I have a 30 year old son, Ryan, living with me because he became a meth addict, a three time felon and is trying to get his life in order and has been in treatment 3 times, in jail a few times and has a probation violation coming up where he will get some jail time (up to 2 years for probation violation) for misdeamor shop lifting. When my husband and I set rules for him living in our house, he seems to have so much trouble following them and I began to think that he intentionally breaks the rules to prove that he can. I had the bright idea that he might have opposition disorder and ran across your website, it fits him 100%! When he was in high school; however, he was so smart that he could disguise it or play along to a certain extent to compensate and get by. I realized when he was 17 that he was ADD, but nothing was ever done about it and he had already started using drugs at that time. My son, Ryan, got mad at me if I mentioned it and would say I was trying to tell him there was something wrong with him and get angry so that's as far as I could get with him about ADD.

My Out-of-Control Adult Child

No comments: