Online Parent Support Chat

15.8.08

I have talked until blue in the face about the friends she picks...

I have spent the entire day on my computer searching for answers to my problems with my 15 year old daughter. Everything always took me to sites that gave information about homes, camps, etc. to place teens in, that is the last thing I want for her. I want her here (home) with me to raise, not a stranger. She is so smart in school that I couldn't dream of taking her out of her school, she was put up one grade and will now graduate at age 16.

I have talked untill blue in the face about the friends she picks, and now the boy friend she has picked. She picks troubled people to be in her life that I don't want her with. I am afraid she will one day ruin her life with the wrong one and after age 18 I can't "force" her to choose wisely- but should I "force" her now ?

I wish she could see this and make these wise decisions now about being with smarter people before its too late one day. Her new boyfriend makes very dumb decisions for himself and I don't want her to end up with a looser one day. I don't know how to get her to expect more for herself. I don't think a 15 year old is mentally ready for a relationship but all 15 year olds seem to want that.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: