Online Parent Support Chat

26.10.08

I have a 13 year old son who is driving me mad...

I have a 13 year old son, who is driving me mad with his behaviour. We do not have too much of a problem at home, apart from being very untidy and not liking to shower. He is never verbal or aggressive to us, school is where the real problems start, firstly he is dyslexic, but very intelligent. He has no respect for teachers, is constantly skipping school, being aggressive and rude to his teachers, will not accept that he is wrong, acting the class 'fool', refusing to work and take any instructions from his teachers, he is starting threaten violence toward teachers and has just been excluded from school once again.

When he is in the company of other teens, his personality changes, I feel that I don't recognise him. He works well with his teachers if it is one to one, but if another adult or pupil joins, his attitude changes for the worse.

I feel like a failure.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: