Online Parent Support Chat

14.10.08

She is currently having anger management counselling by 3 different counsellors!

I live in Suffolk, UK and my adoptive daughter is 15.5 years old and currently is not living with us due to a major upset. I managed to answer yes to all your question “about do they” and have tried all the strategies which have had little or no effect. She is currently having anger management counselling by 3 different counsellors!

She has been staying with a school friend for the last month as she had become so rude and abusive to me that I told her she would have to behave or go elsewhere so she choose to go elsewhere. She has told me that that is who she is and that she is not going to behave so I had better get used it.

I have Social Services involved and they suggested we meet for a coffee on Saturday which was very difficult. I have told her she can come home if she follows are basic house rules but she refused.

I had phone call from her last night at 10.30 asking if she could see me today after I finish work. This morning I received a text message from the lady where she is staying to advise that Sophie had fallen out with her friends and had had a fight and had been hit by her own daughter. This has resulted in them saying she can’t now stay there.

I guess she wants to see me to ask if she can come home but I want her to come home for the right reasons, I am not prepared to have abuse me, steal from us and generally take over again.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: