Online Parent Support Chat

2.11.08

Son has ODD...

I have a 15 year old son who I firmly believe has ODD. He has not been diagnosed. He is on Cymbalta for depression and Depakote for anger issues. He sees a psychiatrist for meds but we stopped taking him to a psychologist about 2 years ago because he would not talk or participate (he first saw a psychologist at age 4 for anger).

I guess what I’m getting at is: does he need to be diagnosed with ODD first? When I look at the list of symptoms, he meets 8 out of 8 of the behaviors. As a matter-of-fact, my husband is on the way to pick him up at school because he decided it would be a great idea to punch another student in the head 4 or 5 times. They sent him to “In School Suspension” but when they went to the cafeteria he cursed at one of the lunch ladies.

My ODD Son

No comments: