Online Parent Support Chat

2.3.09

I am a mom of a teenage son......does that sum it for you?

I am a mom of a teenage son......does that sum it for you?

I stumbled across your website as I was searching out new and improved ways of coping or battling my teenage son's rebellion. I was intrigued when I found out you were here in the Indiana area and also work out of a juvenile facility. My background started as a police officer, to probation, parole, and now working in a school with troubled kids. I never thought I would be that mom of a teenager I deal with on a daily basis!!!

Although my son has never been in trouble with the law, it is probably only a matter of time. He is randomly drug tested and having a mother and step fathers as police officers, I don't think he has gained enough courage (or stupidity) to bring alcohol and/or drugs into our home. He hasn't failed any drug testing in sports and/or work, so I'm at least hopeful from that aspect, but not delusional that experimentation has occurred. My son has had issues in dealing with his parents divorce, his mother's remarriage, and his father's now living a homosexual lifestyle, which was a main cause of his parents divorce!!! He wants to be treated like an adult and have all the adult privileges at the age of 16, yet enjoy all the privileges of mom paying for things, so that is where the rebellion begins!!! Not to mention, unacceptable grades at school!!!

Mother of a teenage son and 2- 14 year old daughters, and still somewhat sane!! :)

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: