Online Parent Support Chat

16.3.09

I am on the verge of a divorce...

I am on the verge of a divorce because of the difference of my parenting skills and my husbands. We have been married for 17 years and our daughter is 16.

She ran away last week, and said she wouldn't come home if her dad was there? What was I suppose to do? My husband left and my daughter is home. My husband felt I should have told her then when your ready come home, but your dad is not going anywhere and I didn't do this.

What punishment should she have received for running away? I didn't whopp her, but he wanted me to. She ran becasue of the previous whoopin. and ran away because she was going to get a whoopin.

Why did she say this, because he diciplined her two days before. Overboard for my taste though. I agree with her he is over kill, but she deserved discipline, but not as harsh.

She was already on punishment and came home late and got a tatoo. What more can you do to punish her? Hit her????? My husband was mad at me because I didn't hit her.

My husband saids Im not on his side, we are definelty not working together. I don't know what to do. I don't agree with his total approach and he doesn't agree with mines. I told him I will meet him half way, but im not going as far as he wants me to which includes hitting.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: