Online Parent Support Chat

26.3.09

I have exhausted all recourses...

Dear Mark,

My husband and I have five children between the ages of 19 and 11 years old. They seem to all have inherited a very strong will and the road has not always been easy. It was not easy but always bearable. I am a stay at home Mom that has made my marriage and children my top priority. I thought the fifth child was supposed to be the easiest. This could not be further from the truth. My 11 year old daughter seems to manipulate the entire house. Things were about to get easier. My oldest is off to college and my second son is leaving next year for college. My daughter Katherine is presenting challenges that I don’t seem too able to meet. She is OUT OF CONTROL! When something does not go her way she will kick, jump, scream, hit and say I hate you almost on a daily basis. I have tried everything that I know to help and to get her under control... She will show remorse after the temper tantrums, only to do it again when another situation occurs. I am scared that if she is behaving this way at 11, I can only imagine what she will do when she enters the teen years.

I am praying for guidance and for God to lead me to the information I need to get my life back. This is out of the realm of normal behavior and it has stolen peace from my family. My oldest exhibited some of the same behaviors but never at such a young age. HELP! I have exhausted all recourses.

Thanks, Anastasia

My Out-of-Control Child

No comments: