Online Parent Support Chat

30.4.09

She has even threatened to run away or turn us in to CPS...

I am in need of some help. I have a 12 year old daughter that is out of control. And yes, we have tried everything. I have heard about the total transformation but it was too expensive. I have been married 4 years but in a relationship with husband for almost 8 years. My daughter absolutely won't obey either one of us. Constantly pushing buttons and refusing to do the smallest things. She is moody and arrogant. I think alot of her problem is her friends at school who don't have fathers in the house and whose mothers work. These kids have everything. My daughters father died when she was 4 years old and he wasn't very nice to her. My husband had substance abuse issues early in the relationship and he does struggle with his anger which is tested daily by my daughter and she knows it. She has even threatened to run away or turn us in to CPS. There has been no abuse. She just doesn't like to be told what to do and says that basically if she doesn't get her way she will "tell". The marriage is strained, my other two daughters and I are feeling the heat from the chaos between my daughter and husband and she is extremely disrespectful to me too.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: