Online Parent Support Chat

8.5.09

She takes no responsibility for her actions...

I have a 14 year old strong willed daughter. She is very much like the children described on your website. I asked the good Lord above for a strong willed child because I wanted a daughter who knew her own mind and would not be lead in the wrong direction. What I have is a child who constantly argues, defys, and disrespects her father and me. The irony is that she gets along better with her dad than me yet says she hates him. She takes no responsibility for her actions. Everything is always someone elses fault. She will not take no for an answer and only uses the word compromise when it is to her advantage. She denies I have ever told her consequences for the actions she takes. She has the ability to push every button I have and drag me into arguments that I did not intend to have. I am at my witts end. I know I have not tried everything but I do not know what else to try. I have tried love and understanding. I have tried discipline and consequences. I have tried reason and logical thinking. I have even stooped so low as to try emotion. I have tried to avoid the whole guilt thing and I have succeeded in many ways at avoiding the mistakes my own parents made with me. Will your book help me? I love my daughter but I hate the person she is becoming. I have come to a point where I just want her gone. I do not want her in my home teaching her sister to treat us the way she does. I dread picking her up from school because I know the next demand will be made, the fight will occur, or the sucking up because she wants something will begin. She has hurt me to the deepest part of myself. She has hurt her grandmother and she has hurt her father. None of us can understand why she is being such a selfish, inconsiderate, disrespectful, and mean spirited person.

My Out-of-Control Daughter

No comments: