Online Parent Support Chat

21.7.09

My daughter is disrespectful...

I came about you website desperate for answers....all of the other troubled websites talk of sending you child away to a boarding school...I AM not at that point yet.

Briefly, I am an attorney, but a single mother, father is for the most part absentee...but for a brief period of time, have always lived with my mother and sisters, which is part of the problem I believe. While raising her, I was never allowed to assert my authority over my child or to discipline, because my mother didnt want to hear the noise would yell at me to stop it she doesnt want ot hear it, et.c....so the result of this was I had a four year old telling me If i yell at her she is going to call grandma to tell her...

My daughter is disrespectful, constantly talks back, degrades me, and looks at me in a wa of total horror and utter disgust.

I work two jobs and give her everything...she goes to private school, I have a car, she gets nice gifts, etc...

What was the final straw....last night my mother told me that not once has she ever had one of us talk to her disrespectful (this is true..there are 6 of us) and that she has to bite the sides of her face cause she wants to discipline her, but has "never" interfered" and she told me I was an unfit mother...I am heartbroken.......

I am too close to putting her in foster care, becaue she is the second person who has told me I am unfit... I feel like giving up...

I had called a child psychiatrist...who never called me back...

My Out-of-Control Daughter

No comments: