Online Parent Support Chat

27.10.09

I have tried everything I know to try...

My name is Melissa Hamilton and I have a 13 year old son. He has recently decided I guess that listening to me (instructions and such), bringing home good grades, and not doing his chores is the route in his life he wants to take. I have tried everything I know to try...I by no means feel I have tried everything there is to try, but everything I know to try!! I know he is not a bad kid...just making bad decisions right now.

Let me give you a few examples of stuff I am talking about. Here a couple weeks ago I told him to be home to check in from playing with friends outside in neighborhood by 5:30 PM. He finally showed up at 7:12 PM and told me he decided to not come home, because I would probably make him stay home and do chores and he wanted to play instead!! He has always been a straight "A" student, with exception of an occasional "B"...so far this school year it has been a struggle to get him to complete his homework...study for tests...he is bringing home "C" and "D"''s. As for chores, he apparently thinks he does not have to do them....and when he does do them without an hour or more of arguing about it all...he does them half assed. (excuse the language please)

Everyone suggests sending him to his Daddy's house, or military school...something other than me dealing with it right here. I do not want to "get rid of him"...I want to deal with the issues at hand, and help him to become a successful person. All I know is I need help... suggestions... something, because the situation is wearing me down on a daily basis.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: