Online Parent Support Chat

19.2.10

In the rocky boat with a very defiant teen...

I am one of those parents who are in the rocky boat with a very defiant teen! People don't believe that this all started at a VERY early age. At the age of 3, Sam was sent to his room for a time out. After about 35-40 minutes he stopped kicking his door and screaming at the top of his lungs (I had to go outside so I would not commit "child abuse!" When I went in to check on him, He had destroyed his whole room, including dragging his mattress off the bed and Chewing UP his blinds! He lived with his dad briefly and recently. Sam's dad and I were never married. So this was a new experience for them both. His dad said "Don't worry, I've got it. I will correct all the years of your bad parenting!" After calling on a continual basis, telling me all that Sam did (like I didn't know!!) he threw Sam out. He had had Sam about 7 months. (Dad, who is a former marine, couldn't handle it). Sam has gone back and forth a couple of times. This was the last time. I was very glad to have him back!, but in a day or two IT started and has been getting worse. A few days ago he punched a hole in the wall. You know all the gory details... He is a very big, muscular kid and I am not looking forward to being punched out.

Well, my immediate situation is... I am living in a house with 3 other roommates ( all guys and not the best influences) Sam's child support is about is about 3 or 4 months away; Dad doesn't help unless he's ordered to.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: