Online Parent Support Chat

13.5.10

Son has been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and OCD...

I'm searching for help with my 14 year old son. He has been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, and OCD. He takes Lexapro and is in counseling. He has had suicidal thoughts. His birth father was murdered while I was pregnant. I remarried and since have been divorced. My ex-spouse was physically abusive with him. A line on your site hit home with me..."I’m tired of seeing teenagers ruined because they just can’t be controlled." I honestly feel like a failure-I've lost control. I came from a strong, supportive, and loving family and not in a million years did I think I would be in this position. My faith is that my son does want a better life and doesn't want all the fighting, but it's like we are in some horrible cycle. My toughest parenting challenge is that he doesn't respect me and has an overall negative attitude. Talking back and not doing what I ask of him around the house. He is failing some classes in school.

My Out-of-Control Teen

No comments: